Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the various postgraduate programmes at Lead City University (LCU), Ibadan, Oyo State, for the 2021/2022 academic year.
LCU Postgraduate Courses
The Postgraduate programmes available are as follows:
1. Computer Science
- Information Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Systems
- Computational Intelligence
- Technology Management
2. Biological Sciences
- General Biology
- Food Microbiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Environmental Microbiology
- Molecular Biology and Genomics
- Brewering Sciences
- Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- Industrial Microbiology (Biotech)
- Pathogenic Microbiology
- Biology (Entomology)
- Environmental Management
- Environmental Mgt. & Toxicology
3. Chemical Sciences
- Nutritional & Industrial Biochem.
- Drug Metabolism & Toxicology
- Environmental Biochemistry & Toxicology
- Membrane Biochem. & Biotech.
- Cancer & Molecular Biology
4. Office and Information Mgt
5. English & Literary Studies
7. Law and Diplomacy (MLD)
8. Library and Information Science
9. Politics and International Relations
- International Relations (MIR)
- Political Philosophy
- Political Communication
- International Politics & Diplomacy
- International Law and Diplomacy
- Strategic & War Studies
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Diplomatic Studies
- Law, Politics and Gender Studies
- Public Administration
- Local Government Studies
- Corporate Governance
- Intergovernmental Relations
- Intercultural Studies
- Intercultural Leadership & Admin.
- Hospital Administration
- Governance & Public Sector Mgt.
- International Business
11. Mass Communication & Media Tech.
- Print Journalism
- Radio/Televisionand Film
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Printing and Publishing
- Broadcast Management
- Sports Journalism (Professional)
- Public Relations (Professional)
- Advertisement (Professional)
- Journalism (Professional)
12. Sociology & Psychology
- Environmental Psychology
- Industrial Psychology
- Clinical Psychology
- Personality & Social Psychology
- Medical Sociology
- Developmental Sociology
- Gender Sociology
- Criminology & Security Studies
13. Economics/Development Studies
14. Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
17. Multidisciplinary Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration
- Tourism, Event and Hospitality Mgt.
- Corporate Communication Mgt.
- Human Resources Management
- Procurement & Supply Chain Mgt.
- Production & Operations Mgt.
- Industrial & Labour Relations
- Insurance & Risk Mgt.
18. Educational Management
19. Science Education
- Biology Education
- Chemistry Education
- Computer Education
- Evaluation & Measurement
- Mathematics Education
- Physics Education
20. Kinesiology, Sports Science & Health Education
- Health Education
- Sports Administration
- Sociology & Psychology of Sports
- Exercise Physiology
- Sports Management
21. Guidance and Counselling
22. Library and Information Science
23. Performing Arts and Film Studies
24. Social Studies Education
25. Business Education
26. Measurement & Evaluation
27. Environmental Design & Management
- Land Administration
- Geographic Information System
28. Public Health
- Maternal & Child Health
- Sexual & Reproductive Health
- Occupational & Environmental Health
- Health Education & Promotion
- Public Health Nutrition
- Public Health
- Health Policy & Management
29. Community Health
- Health Promotion & Education
30. Health Information Management
- Preventive Medicine and Primary Care
- Health Policy and Management
- Environmental Health Sciences
31. Degrees combined with Professional Qualifications
- M.Sc Business Admin./ACIB
- M.Sc Accounting/ACTI/ACIB
- M.Sc Finance/ACTI/ACIB
- M.Sc Economics/ACTI
- M.Sc Taxation/ACTI
Lead City University Postgraduate Admission Requirements
A candidate seeking admission to the Postgraduate Diploma programme of Lead City University must be a graduate of Lead City University or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University. Candidates with Higher National Diploma (HND) or its equivalent professional qualification (ACA, ANAN, ACIB, ACCA, ACTI etc) will be considered. The duration of full-time study for the award of PGD is two (2) semesters.
Masters Degree (M.Sc, M.A, MBA):
A candidate seeking admission to the Master’s Degree programme of Lead City University must be a graduate of Lead City University or any other University recognized by the Senate of the University, with the minimum of Second Class (Lower Division). The duration of full-time study for the award of the Master’s degree is 18 months (3 semesters). Candidates are also to note that there are other requirements that may be specific to a Faculty, Department and /or programme option.
A candidate seeking admission to the M.Phil programme in Lead City University must have obtained an M.Sc of Lead City University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Lead City University. The minimum duration for the full-time M.Phil programme is four (4) semesters. A candidate may, after the first year, transfer to PhD programme provided he has satisfied the conversion requirement with a CGPA of 4.0 or 60% in the course work and presented an acceptable PhD research proposal. The period spent on M.Phil counts towards fulfilling the minimum duration as required for the Ph.D programme.
A candidate seeking admission to the direct PhD Degree programme of Lead City University must have obtained an M.Phil of Lead City University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Lead City University, with a CGPA of 4.00 or 60%. The duration for Ph.D programme is six (6) semesters.
How to Apply for Lead City University Postgraduate Admission Form
- Application form is ₦20,000.
- The following documents are required for admission:
- 4 Passport Photographs (Formal dressing).
- 6 Envelopes (Small Sizes).
- 6 Postals Stamps (₦50 Each).
- 2 Photocopies of Birth Certificate.
- Original Transcript.
- Identification Card (2 Photocopies).
- Evidence of payment for the Admission form.
Upon filling 3 copies of the Reference form, forward the documents to email@example.com