Following intelligence with regard to the forth-coming election into the Student Union Executive of the Kwara State University, the University Administration at an emergency meeting held today, Wednesday 8th September, 2021, decided to take the painful decision of suspending the election process till further notice.
Specifically, the University Management took the decision based on the following reasons:
- Heightened cases of insecurity of lives and property in the Malete community and its environs;
- Undue interference in the electioneering process from outside the University;
- Monetization of the electoral process;
- Influence of unregistered associations/groups/media outlets; and
- Illegal harvesting of students’ emails and Login details;
The current Administration, remains committed to the democratic process, practiced according to the law, and to raising future leaders with character and learning, in line with the age-long values of a university.