In a meeting called by the management of the university which has in attendance, security agencies, thuniversity safety unit, the deanery and students’ representatives on monday, 30th of August, 2021. The following protocols were put in place to confer adequate security to Malete community
- The malete community leaders should create vigilante groups and security groups that will man sensitive spots in the community.
- The security agencies should provide more officers for routine patrols around the nuts and cradles of the community at night.
- All classes, from now on, will end by 5pm while the university library will also close by 5pm for students to return to their various hostels.
- Movement of vehicles through the university gate now stops by 7pm while the gate closes finally by 9pm. Students are encouraged to quickly return to their various hostels earlier than the allocated time.
- The management of the university emphasized that all social activities should end by 5pm. Dinners and night parties, on and off campus, are hereby suspended till futher notice. The reward for defaulters is expulsion, said the university management. This was slated to discourage late night movements which is the major period perpetrators use in carrying out their ungodly activities.
- The management expresses her displeasure on cyber crimes and drug abuse amongst students and as such, drastic steps will be taken judiciously.
- The management promised to improve on the security set-up of the university and also support students activities at every level.
This time will pass, be security conscious!
Join our Post-Utme Class Today