UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS IN PARTNERSHIP WITH UNIVERSITY OF BEDFORDSHIRE, UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL LANCASHIRE, UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST OF ENGLAND, DEMONTFORT UNIVERSITY, LEICESTER, UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM, UK, UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN, SCOTLAND, UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE, SCOTLAND AND SOOCHOW UNIVERSITY, SUZHOU P.R. CHINA ANNOUNCES ADMISSION INTO SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES (FORMERLY FOUNDATION PROGRAMMES) 2020/2021 SESSION.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the School of Foundation Studies, University of Lagos for the 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Highly successful candidates after an approved examination administered by the Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB), are eligible for consideration for Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB (Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board), or admission into the University of Bedfordshire, University of Central Lancashire, University of the West of England, De Montfort University, Leicester, University of Birmingham, (UK)University of Aberdeen, Scotland, University of Dundee, Scotland and Soochow University, China.
Please note that the programme does not currently have facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The School of Foundation Studies will provide an intensive one-year programme teaching subjects in line with JUPEB syllabus for admission according to the following subject combination groupings:
SUBJECT COMBINATION DESIGNATION
- CRS/IRS – Music – Visual Arts SFS01
- CRS/IRS – French – Literature In English SFS02
- CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature In English SFS03
- CRS/IRS – History – Literature In English SFS04
- CRS/IRS – Music – Literature In English SFS05
- CRS/IRS – History – Igbo/Yoruba SFS06
- CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Visual Arts SFS07
- CRS/IRS – History – Visual Arts SFS08
- CRS/IRS – Government – Visual Arts SFS09
- CRS/IRS – Government – Music SFS10
- CRS/IRS – Government – Igbo/Yoruba SFS11
- CRS/IRS – Economics – Government SFS12
- CRS/IRS – French – Government SFS13
- CRS/IRS – Government – History SFS14
- CRS/IRS – Government – Literature In English SFS15
- Literature In English – Music – Visual Arts SFS16
- French – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature In English SFS17
- Government – Music – Visual Arts SFS18
- Economics – Government – Literature In English SFS19
- Government – History – Literature In English SFS20
- Government – Music – Literature In English SFS21
- Accounting – Business Studies – Economics SFS22
- Accounting – Economics – Geography SFS23
- Accounting – Economics – Government SFS24
- Business Studies – Economics – Government SFS25
- Business Studies – Economics – Geography SFS26
- Economics – Geography – Government SFS27
- Biology – Chemistry – Physics SFS28
- Biology – Mathematics – Physics SFS29
- Biology – Economics – Government SFS30
- Biology – Economics – Literature In English SFS31
- Biology – Chemistry – Economics SFS32
- Chemistry – Physics – Mathematics SFS33
- Chemistry – Economics – Mathematics SFS34
- Economics – Mathematics – Physics SFS35
- Mathematics – Physics – Visual Arts SFS36
- Mathematics – Economics – Geography SFS37
- Mathematics – Geography – Physics SFS38
- A minimum of FIVE credits (English Language, Mathematics and three relevant subjects) obtained at one sitting at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO with results obtained before registration
PROCEDURE FOR COMPLETING THE SCHOOL OF FOUNDATION STUDIES e- APPLICATION FORM:
- Visit the School of Foundation Studies application site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- On the prospective student’s menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies.
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission. Please note that changes have been made on the previous combinations.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the correct applicant’s names as obtained in the birth certificate and other relevant documents.
- Make payment at any Commercial bank in Nigeria with the payment reference number (PRN)
- Cost of Application Form (including on line practice tests, excluding Bank Charges) is N25,000.00 (non-refundable).
- Return to the applications site on applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- Log in with PRN as username and applicant’s surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the application form and print two copies for yourself.
- N.B: Please read the information on the subject combination relevant to your course of study before completing the application forms online
- The Application opens on Monday, August 16, 2021 and closes on Friday, October 8, 2021.
Mode of Examination: Computer-Based Testing (Please check the UNILAG Website a week before examination to verify your examination date).
All Questions are Multiple Choice.
Examination subjects are: Mathematics, English Language (20 questions each) and 3 other relevant subjects according to candidate’s choice of subject combination (15 questions each), making a total of 85 questions to be answered in one (1) hour.
All candidates are to report at designated venues (according to the schedule on the Examination Pass) two hours before their scheduled Examination time that will be communicated to them.
Results: Results and merit admission will be released on the University website.
University of Lagos has zero tolerance for drug abuse, sexual harassment, cultism, cybercrime examination malpractice, indecent dressing and other anti-social behaviour.
Please refer all enquiries to the Director, School of Foundation Studies +2349093621958; +2348165378747 (Please call during office hours only from 8am – 6pm)
Professor T. G. Nubi Director, School of Foundation Studies