DELTA VARIANT: COMPLIANCE WITH COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Management has noted the third wave of COVID-19 pandemic, the recently discovered Delta variant and the placement of some states (including Oyo State) on red alert by the Federal Government.
The fact that the University of Ibadan Health Services has not recorded any confirmed case of COVID-19 or an increase in flu-related/flu-like symptoms (for this season/time of the year) in the last three months suggests that if we are proactive in observing all health safety protocols, we can effectively prevent and spare the UI community from the third wave/new variant of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hence, it is important that we fully implement all recommended precautions at all levels because it has been observed that though level of knowledge of necessary precautions is high, level of implementation/compliance is low.
All hands must be on deck, especially in the Halls of Residence, in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. Each person must take direct responsibility of his/her health safety.
The following should be strictly adhered to in Halls of Residence:
- No unauthorised visitors;
- No unscreened travellers/visitors;
- No squatters;
- Right use of facemasks by everyone;
- Wash hands;
- Always observe physical/social distancing; and
- Violators of health safety protocols must be promptly reported to appropriate authorities.
- Members of Students Executive Council, Hall Management & all leaders should show good examples everywhere with active health surveillance mechnisms in place.
- Please endeavour to eat well to boost your immunity and shun rumours.
Please call 08095394000, 08078288800 for emergencies.
Olubunmi O. Faluyi, MCIPM
PUBLISHED BY THE DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC COMMUNICATION, OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR