This is to inform the general public of the Admission form of Eko University of Medicine and Health Sciences. Interested candidates are to fill the application form online. See procedures below;
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Eko University of Medicine and Health Sciences (EkoUNIMED) admission is opened to both Direct Entry (200 Level) and UTME (100 Level) candidates through the Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB).
Admission shall be open to all candidates with the requisite qualifications irrespective of race, gender, creed, geographical location and ethnic background.
The available Courses and Admission requirements are stated below.
1. Faculty of Clinical Sciences
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor Surgery (MBBS) – Duration 5 or 6years
2. Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- i. BSc. in Human Anatomy
- ii. BSc. in Medical Biochemistry
- iii. BSc. in Human Physiology
- iv. BSc. in Pharmacology
Duration of Programmes – 3 or 4years
COMPULSORY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL CANDIDATES
- a. All Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in the SSCE/GCE ‘O’ level through WAEC/NECO (or equivalent recognised by the University) in English language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics and at not more than two (2) sittings for Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- b. Candidates shall satisfy any additional criteria with respect to suitability including interview.
SPECIFIC ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR MBBS DEGREES PROGRAMME
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- a. Graduates from Universities recognised by EkoUNIMED in Basic Medical Sciences, Nursing Sciences, Physiotherapy, Biological Sciences, Zoology (B.Sc. 2nd Class Lower Division) Or
- b. GCE A-level / HSC passes in Biology/Zoology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics, (Good A- level passes) Or
- c. JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board) passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics/Mathematics (Good A- level passes).
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- a. Science Graduates from Universities recognised by the institution (At least , B.Sc. 2nd Class Lower Division), Or
- b. NCE at credit level, ND and approved equivalents with at least Lower Credit in relevant fields.
- c. GCE A-level/ HSC passes in Biology/zoology, chemistry and Physics / Mathematics, Or
- d. IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Borad), JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board) passes in Biology, Chemistry, Physics / Mathematics, Or other Foundation Programmes recognised by the institution.
THE DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME OF COURSES FOR THE BOARD’S EXAMINATION IS A MINIMUM OF ONE ACADEMIC SESSION OF TWO SEMESTERS.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants are to visit: https://studentportal.ekounimed.edu.ng/Applications to fill and complete the application form.