Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the 2021/2022 academic session of the School of Basic and Remedial Studies.
Admitted Remedial candidates who pass the School’s examinations at the end of the programme and obtain the minimum UTME cut off point approved by the University SHALL be considered for admission into degree programnes based on performance And quota for each programme.
Admission Requirements Qualification:
Social and Management Sciences:
- Applicants must Pass five subjects at Credit Level at not more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC, NECO,NABTEB and should Include the core subjects of their intended course of study.
- NOTE: that Credit grades in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for eventual admission into any programme. Two of the five subjects must be from Social Arts while the other subjects may be from the Social Sciences.
Engineering and Sciences:
- Applicants must pass the following subjects at credit level: English Language, Biology,Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at NOT more than two sittings in the SSCE/GCE organised by WAEC/NECO and NABTEB
Duration of Programme:
The programme is for a duration of two semesters (one academic session).
- The basic programme is primarily opened to applicants that couldn’t secure admission into AFIT based on having UTME score below the JAMB cut-off point. However, applicants that applied for other Universities may also be considered.
- Applicants who have credit pass in five(5),OLevel subjects but with deficiency in English Language or Mathematics may apply for the programme; PROVIDED that they MUST register for and obtain credit pass in the subject before being considered for admission into degree programme.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme. Applicants are to note that the programme is not residential.
- School of Basic and Remedial Studies, Air Force Institute of Technology NAF Base Kaduna, Kaduna State
Method of Application:
- Candidates are to visit the Air Force Institute of Technology. Kaduna website www.afit.edu.ng and follow the link for the 2021/2022 Application. Application forms are to be completed online after a payment of N10,O00.00 (Ten Thousand Naira Only) application fee using Interswitch enabled ATM card either Master or Verve card.
- A candidate who is offered admission will be expected to bring the completed form and SSCE/GCE certificates/result slips during registration.
The Closing Date Of the application is 6th September,2021